"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Movie Review: STAR WARS IV: A New Hope

May the Fourth be with you!
 

Today is STAR WARS day! May the Fourth! In the spirit of this I will be doing a review of STAR WARS IV: A New Hope. You may notice how I am starting with the "fourth" (Wow, I am really connecting things today.) movie, that is because I will be reviewing them the way they were made not the way they are "supposed" to go. Why I am doing this:
1. They first three that were made are SO much better than the prequels.
2. If you watch the first three that they made FIRST (The only way you should watch them!) No surprises are spoiled.
This is how you should watch the STAR WARS movies:
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace*
Attack of the Clones*
Revenge of the Sith*
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi (Okay, this one is not out yet, but, when it is out...)
*You don't even need to watch the ones with the asterisk.
Anyway, here is my review.


STAR WARS IV: A New Hope (1977):

(Also titled  STAR WARS, or STAR WARS: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker)
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
The Empire has taken over, and has plans that will change the galaxy. When Princess Leia's ship is attacked by the Empire she quickly hides vital information in a droid that she hopes will reach an old general. The droid runs into Luke Skywalker, a young man who has to help his uncle even though he wants to go to the university. Luke's life will never be the same again.
Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Action,
Costumes: 8, Stormtroopers and Darth Vader's costumes are pretty cool, but my favorite is Princess Leia's.
Script: 8, only one or two bad words. "These are not the droids you are looking for..."
Crew:
Directed by: George Lucas
Produced by: Gary Kurtz
Written by: George Lucas
Starring:
Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
Harrison Ford as Han Solo
Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia

Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin
Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi
David Prowse as Darth Vader
Peter Mayhew as Chewy
Anthony Daniels as C3PO
Kenny Baker as R2D2
Music: 10, I love the theme!
Music by: John Williams
Quotes: 10, "Close the blast doors! Close the blast doors!...Open the blast doors!"
Notes: Now, you might think, "Star Wars? I don't think I will like that." That is what I thought, but, there is so much more to it! Here is how much I like it, it made it's way to my #2 favorite movies spot!
Storyline: 8, there is some fighting, death, scary images, flirting, but that is it! It is very clean. A really great movie.
Good For: Families, everyone!
Overall Score: 9!

A while ago I had a few polls, and here are the results!

The Results of my poll, What is your favorite STAR WARS?
IV: A New Hope - 2 votes
V: The Empire Strikes Back - 2 votes
VI: Return of the Jedi - 3 votes
I: The Phantom Menace - 0 votes
II: Attack of the Clones - 0 votes
III: Revenge of the Sith - 0 votes
VII: The Force Awakens - 1 vote
I have them listed in the order they came out. A total of five people voted (they could vote multiple times)! And they all voted on my favorite STAR WARS!
The Results of my poll, Who is your Favorite STAR WARS character?
Luke Skywalker - 2 votes
Princess Leia - 1 vote
Han Solo - 4 votes
Chewbacca - 1 vote
Yoda - 1 vote
Lando Calrissian - 1 vote
Darth Vader - 0 votes
Obi-Wan Kenobi - 4 votes
C3PO - 0 votes
R2D2 - 1 vote
Other - 0 votes
It had a total of 5 votes (they could vote multiple times)!

Something that I do that is very weird is that everytime I see a STAR WARS movie, I have to drink chocolate milk. It is very weird, but I've always done it. 

I want to also thank my little sister for making this header for me!


Thank you so much for reading! 
May the Fourth be with you!

MovieCritic

2 comments:

  1. Great Review!!!
    This is definatly an awsome movie, this review is wonderful!!!
    I love all your pictures!
    I agree do not watch the 'first three'!!!
    You're welcome for the header!
    Thanks again for the review, may the force, I mean forth be with you! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You are too kind, there are better reviews. But thank you!
      They are okay if you don't understand things, but you are better off not watching them.
      Thank you! Same to you! (Watch out for the "Revenge" ;D)

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles