"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Couples for Couples Tag

Hello!
All this month, Cordy at Any Merry Little Thought has been hosting a Lovely Blog Party all of the month of February!
I wasn't able to participate more, but I did decide to do this tag she created for it!

Watch out, there just a lot of spoilers for a lot of things. (The Adventures of Robin HoodAnastasia, Anne of Green Gables, The Chronicles of Narnia, Ever After, Ivanhoe, Jane Eyre, Little Women, The Lord of the Rings, The Music Man, Pride & Prejudice, The Princess Diaries, Robin Hood BBC, Sense & SensibilitySingin' in the Rain,)

The Couples for Couples Tag:

Ivanhoe and Rebecca: Name a couple that should have been together:
Susan and Caspian from The Chronicles of Narnia. I am a little upset, because I did have a soft spot for them. (It's been forever since I read TCoN, I should reread.)

Jo and Laurie: Name a couple that should have stayed friends...or did stay friends...:
This couple stayed friends, but should have been a couple. Alan and Kate from Robin Hood BBC.

Jane and Mr. Rochester: Name a couple that looked like the chances of a happily ever after were next to none!
Henry and Danelle from Ever After.

Jane and Mr. Bingley: Name a couple that is just sooo happy!
Don Lockwood and Kathy Seldon from Singin' in the Rain. They make me happy.

Kit and Ella: Name your favorite fairytale couple:
Belle and Beast from Beauty and the Beast.

Molly Gibson and Roger Hamley: Name a couple where the woman is basically ignored by the suitor until the end of the story (frustration at it's finest!! :P :P)
I am going to agree with Olivia's answer, and reverse it. The couple where the suitor is basically ignored by the woman until the end of the story: Marianne and Colonel Brandon.

Sarah and Jacob Witting: Name a couple that found love later in life
Clarisse and Joseph from The Princess Diaries (2001-04).

Don Lockwood and Kathy Seldon: Name a couple from a musical:
Marian Paroo and Harold Hill (Gregory) from The Music Man (1962). This movie just makes me so happy.

Anne and Gilbert: Name a couple that didn't start out on the right foot:
Anya and Dimitri from Anastasia (1997). I love how Vlad keeps track of their "progress".

Faramir and Eowyn: Name a couple with the sweetest love story:
You know, I can't have a post about favorite couples without including these two:
Robin Hood and Maid Marian from The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938).

I really had to think, because all of Cordy's prompts were what I was going to say for that category!

Thank you so much to Cordy for hosting this Lovely Blog Party! And, thank you for reading! Do you agree with me on any of these couples?

And remember:
"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles

MovieCritic

6 comments:

  1. - Aaw, yes! I forgot about them. I shipped Caspian with Susan, too, for sure! (I really don't like Caspian's romance with Ramandu's daughter.)
    - And Joseph & Clarisse! Of course. <3
    - Haha, yes, Anya and Dmitry are perfect for that category.

    Loved your answers, MC! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -Oh yes, they were so much better than Caspian and Ramandu's daughter. But when Caspian mentions Susan in TVotDT...
      -It took me FOREVER to think of them, but I'm glad I did.
      -They are, aren't they. :D I always laugh at their arguing.

      Thanks, Elanor! :D

      Delete
  2. Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one who low-key, closet likes Caspian and Susan in the movie. *blushes and ducks* I mean I get that it's totally different than the book -- and for the record, the book is one of my favorites of the series -- but I DO get all the feelsy feelings with them in the movie. I ADMIT IT.

    Ooh, such good answers!! *smacks forehead* Clarisse and Joseph! Ach, such a perfect answer. :D

    Anya and Dmitri, Robin and Marian . . . YES! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really even think about it too much about them when reading the books, but I love them in the movies (why are we left hanging!?) so you are definitely not the only one. :D

      Thank you! :) FINALLY I thought of them, with my sister's help. :D

      YES! ;D They are great.

      Delete
  3. Well, I don't feel so bad now about liking Susan and Caspian. It seems there are more people that agree with the idea than I thought. :D

    Ever After, I should watch that again!

    Aww, Clarisse and Joseph!! They're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love them in the movies (which I should rewatch). I am surprised that I am not the only one. :D

      Oh yes, my sisters and I watch it all. the. time.

      They are! I am so glad what happened in #2. :)

      Thanks for hosting this, Cordy!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles